Thursday, May 8, 2008

Pay Day

This Sunday is my first mother's day where I am actually a mother. Just today I wrote a post on what a hard day it has been being mom. Owen slept through the night really early on, but lately he has been waking up about an hour after we put him down screaming. I don't know if teeth are coming in or what, but naps aren't going much better. We were on such a great roll and all of the sudden he decided he didn't need two naps a day.

So, tonight, with red rimmed eyes, I decided to lay him on his tummy so he could have a little tummy time and just like that he rolled over. I was so thrilled at his accomplishment and he just looked at me like, "Mom, I could do it all along, I just didn't feel like it." Maybe he knew I needed it tonight.

Thus far, I have reached the conclusion that one of the hardest parts about being a mom is that most days you don't get too much of a confirmation you are doing anything that counts, but right when you think you are at your wits end, you get a pay day that counts.

1 comment:

Jami Jackson said...

Motherhood really is a challenge. There are so many more challenges than "pay days" I think, but those pay days sure do make everything worth it. I'm glad I'm not the only one . . .