Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Christ: Real Power vs. True Power

For the past few months I've been writing in my journal about how I have seen the hand of God in my life and because of those entries my journal has become one of my most treasured possessions:

4.15.08
Valerie Hudson, my professor for National Security Affairs, began talking about real power. She mentioned that during Christ's time real power was shown when the Romans captured Christ, whipped him, placed a crown of thorns on his head and then crucified him. The Jews and Romans saw the Roman magistrates real power and began to believe that Jesus wasn't the Christ. What the Jews and Romans didn't see was the true power that Christ had. Christ humbly laid down his life - he completely submitted to God's will and he completed the atonement - the most powerful blessing in our personal lives. On that day Christ had true power. My hope is that I can shake off the effects of real power and through the atonement of Christ be a partaker of true power. Today I saw the hand of God in my life through a professor that helped me remember who I am and why I came to this earth.

2 comments:

Talai said...

Thank you Caleb. I think that was a great way of looking at power. It helped me to look at my own life and evaluate why I believe and if I need to change some things.

Jackson Family said...

Thanks for sharing Caleb. You have a wonderful way of expressing yourself in writing. I never really looked at power that way.